We are currently recruiting for a Flow Cytometry Operator to join our team. Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position where you can utilize your unique skill set that is directly related to the instruments and analysis of flow cytometry? If you want to work for an organization that prides itself on creating a thriving career for employees, then this opportunity is for you! As a leading employer we recognize that our employees are our greatest strength as they form our vision, carry out our mission and represent our values.
The Flow Cytometry Operator will work in a major flow cytometry research core facility at the University Health Network Princess Margaret Cancer Research Tower (PMCRT) serving Toronto’s Biomedical Research community in Toronto’s renowned “Discovery District”, two square kilometers in the heart of downtown that have been designated as the city’s centre of innovation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will perform high-speed sorting of cell populations on behalf of biomedical researchers on instruments such as the FACSAria III, MoFlo-XDP, Sony SH800/MA900 or Symphony S6, in a containment level II laboratory. You will also help maintain several analytical flow cytometers, including the LSR Fortesssa and Symphony A3. You will be responsible for daily instrument calibration, fluidics and electronics checks and cross-beam fluorescence compensation. You will also help train graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and research technologists to operate the analytical instruments and to analyze their data off-line using FlowJo and other custom software packages.
Additional responsibilities include: fostering relationships with clients; instrument troubleshooting; helping maintain safe practices within the facility; assessing new and alternative cytometry techniques; and ensuring data is sufficiently backed up.
- At minimum, a Bachelors degree in biomedical sciences or recognized equivalent required and or Masters is preferred
- At minimum, three (3) years of experience with a variety of flow cytometry applications, preferably on newer digital analytical flow cytometers, and with flow cytometric software such as CellQuest, Diva and FlowJo
- Experience operating a FACSAria or other cell sorter is also preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a demanding schedule
- Ability to work within a busy core facility with tight deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
Refer to job posting at:https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/uhncareers/JobDescription.asp?Si...