The Hakem Lab is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Research Technical Assistant to perform experiments within the field of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Our research program is focused on understanding cancer mechanisms and identification of novel therapies.
- Perform molecular biology analysis including PCR, RT-PCR, and DNA cloning
- Perform Western blotting, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Cell culture and transduction with shRNA and Crispr gRNA lentiviruses.
- Genotype and manage our mouse colony.
- Maintain records of experimental data.
- General lab management.
- A MSc degree in Biology or Biochemistry is mandatory and must have been obtained within the past 3 years.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
If interested in this postion, please send contact information of two references
Answers- 1: None. 2: Moderate. 3: Extensive
- How much experience do you have in molecular biology?
- How frequently have you used molecular biology assays over the past year? Which ones?
- How much experience do you have in biochemistry?
- Over the past year, how frequently have you used biochemistry assays? Which ones?
- How frequently have you used shRNA and gRNA? Describe.
- How much experience do you have working with lentiviruses and transducing cell lines? Describe.
- Describe briefly your experience genotyping and working with mouse models
- What’s your strength? (1-2 sentences).
- What areas do you need to improve? (1-2 sentences).