A POSTDOCTORAL position is available in Toronto, Canada, in the laboratory of Dr. Catherine O’Brien at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network; one of the top five cancer research centres in the world.
Our research program focuses on identifying new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Specifically our lab is focused on targeting the unique vulnerabilities of cancer cells when they are in the drug tolerant persister state.
Genetics, proteomics, transcriptomics, bioinformatics, Genome-wide CRISPR-Cas9 screening, biochemistry and molecular analyses of human cancer cells, mouse models and primary samples (including organoid culures) are used for our studies.
- PhD or MD/PhD degree obtained within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology
- Highly self-motivated and creative individual with high quality first author publications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team is a prerequisite.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, names of three referees and a statement of research interest to Catherine O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org)