A POSTDOCTORAL position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Hakem at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/University Health Network, Toronto, Canada. We seek applicants who are highly self-motivated and career-oriented.
Our research program focuses on understanding cancer mechanisms with the aim to identify novel therapeutic strategies for cancer patients.
The lab has excellent track records studying in vivo mechanisms and signaling pathways important for cancer, including DNA damage repair and NOTCH signaling. These studies include in vivo functions of BRCA1, P53, MUS81, RNF8, RNF168 and CHK2 (J Clin Invest. 128: 4525-4542: Nature Communications, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms12638; PNAS 110: 20982-7; Science, 304: 1822-1826; JEM. 207: 983-97; Genes & Dev, 18: 1144-1153; Nature Immunol., 1: 77-82).
Our studies are based on genetic, proteomic, transcriptomic, bioinformatics and molecular analyses in human cancer cell lines and mouse models, as well as data from cancer patients. Several genome-wide CRISPR–Cas9 screening are ongoing.
- PhD or MD/PhD degree obtained within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated expertise in cell signaling and molecular biology
- Experience with genome-wide CRISPR-Cas9 screening is desirable
- Highly self-motivated and creative individual with strong publication records (First author publications)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team is a prerequisite.
1: None. 2: Moderate. 3: Extensive
1. How much experience do you have in molecular biology?
2. How frequently have you used molecular biology in the past year?
3. How much experience do you have in biochemistry?
4. How frequently have you used biochemistry assays (WB, IP..) over the past year?
5. How much experience do you have with genome scale CRISPR-CAS9 genetic screening?
6. Provide the number of your first author and co-author publications.
Interested applicants should submit their C.V., names of three referees and a statement of research interest to Dr. Hakem (email@example.com).