The Hakem Lab is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Research Technical Assistant to perform experiments within the field of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Our research program is focused on understanding the mechanisms that lead to cancer.
• To genotype and manage a transgenic mouse colony.
• Perform molecular biology analysis including PCR, RT-PCR, and DNA cloning
• Perform Western blotting, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
• Maintain records of experimental data.
• General lab management.
• Master’s degree in Biology or Biochemistry.
• Experience in general laboratory techniques and in animal handling
• Works well both independently and in a team environment.
• Contact information for two references
Answers- 1: None. 2: Moderate. 3: Extensive
1. What is your level of experience in molecular biology?
2. How frequently have used molecular biology in the past year?
3. What is your level of experience in biochemistry?
4. How frequently have you used biochemistry assays (WB, IP...) over the past year?
5. Have you worked with mice in the past?
6. What’s your strength? (One sentence)
7. What areas do you need to improve? (One sentence)
Please email your CV and references and screening questions to firstname.lastname@example.org