Position: RESEARCH TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
Department: CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Reports to: PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Salary: To be determined
Status: FULL-TIME contract
The Hakem Lab is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Research Technical Assistant to perform experiments within the field of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Our research program is focused on understanding cancer mechanisms and novel therapies.
• To Genotype and manage a transgenic mouse colony.
• Perform molecular biology analysis including PCR, RT-PCR, and DNA cloning
• Perform Western blotting, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
• Maintain records of experimental data.
• General lab management.
• MSc degree in Biology or Biochemistry is mandatory
• Experienced in general laboratory techniques and in animal handling
• Works well both independently and in a team environment.
• Contact information for two references
Answers- 1: None. 2: Moderate. 3: Extensive
1. How much molecular biology experience do you have?
2. How frequently have you used molecular biology assays over the past year? Which ones?
3. How much biochemistry experience do you have?
4. Over the past year how frequently have you used biochemistry assays (e.g. Western blotting, immunoprecipitation) ?
5. Briefly describe any studies you might have performed using mouse models
6. What’s your strength? (One sentence)
7. What areas do you need to improve? (One sentence)